Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Having Hope in Trying Times


Hope Is A Waking Dream
As morning sunlight glimmers through my window, I see a new dawn.
I feel the warmth of the sun on my cheek and light encircles me.
I ponder on the road I traveled.
I know at times it was long, lonely, and dark
At times my fears overshadowed me.
I sank deeper and deeper into a slumber of self-doubt.
But on this day, I awake to a new dawn,
For I have been asleep for much too long.
My sleep at times imprisoned me,
But no longer will it overpower me.
Today I am awake and I am strong.
Hope is a waking dream.
It awakened me from my slumber,
Showed me my dreams of all my somedays and tomorrows.
I know I am a beautiful human being
With possibilities,
So I will dance this dance.
I will live life vibrantly.
I have hope because today I choose to see the light,
To awake to a new day and live this waking dream.

Copyright ©2009 Jodi Marie Robinson


http://www.poetry.com/dotnet/P6625062/999/1/display.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Mother's Day Gift! Give the gift of inspiration. "Women of Virtue" -- newly released book that reminds a woman who she is, what makes her beautiful, and how she can find true happiness.

    ReplyDelete