Thursday, December 3, 2009

What are YOU Reading? Here's my two latest holiday picks.



Positively Delightful

I have a NEW favorite holiday poem.  It's called Bethlehem's Star by Bevan Olsen.  I paid only $2.99 for this 12 page story that is sure to become a family favorite for years to come.  You can read the whole poem  and see the illustrations when you click on the link. 

Google-Bethlehem's Star

I bought my copy, of all places, at my local grocery store.  And I'm so glad I just happened upon it.  You can order it on-line.  Here's a link for Google.  Again, a great price for a Christmas tale that touches your heart.




"It's time to give the gift."  That's the voice Annabelle keeps hearing, so she has to make a choice.  And it isn't easy.  Find out Annabelle's quest to give the perfect gift in the The Modern Magi.

Over Thanksgiving, I read The Modern Magi, by Carolyn Pearson, with my entire family. It's only about 60 pages, so it's an easy read to enjoy with your kids.  The story is about a woman named Annabelle who is forced to examine her willingnes to give a "true" gift, which means giving up something she wants most.  This lovely tale that teaches us about the meaning of true gift giving.  Everyone loved it!  Absolutely loved it.  I bought copies for friends and family.  Oops.  I think I just gave the surprise away.   Don't tell. 

HAPPY READING!  Amazon--Modern Magi

No comments:

Post a Comment