Tuesday, December 22, 2009

WINNERS of my GOLD STAR CHALLENGE

How did you do giving out your GOLD STARS?   Our three WINNERS (by random selection...pulling names out of jars...very scientific) are:  Robynl, Elizabeth Morgan, and Teri Nine.    Email me your addresses at jodirobinson2182@hotmail.com, and I will have the authors send you your book.  Thanks again to Jewel, Joyce Dipastena, and Liz Adair for donating their books for our GOLD STAR contest. 

I really had fun giving out GOLD STARS, did you?  Because of this challenge, I did so much better at complimenting and uplifting everyone I was around.  It kept it top-of-mind.  It also taught me how easy it is to think negatively and even say negative things in place of something positive.  So, that's a good New Year's resolution.  To give a GOLD STAR instead of sack of potatoes, or in other words, give a blessing instead of a curse.  I'll write more about that in the New Year.  Here were just a few of my 100 GOLD STARS given out this past week.

Just a few of JODI'S 100 GOLD STARS

1.  Kissed my son and daughter on the forehead as they were heading off to school and told them they were the best kids ever! (My son yelled back, "You're the best mom ever!")


2. Told my husband I admired him.  (He said, "What did you say?"  I went on to explain.  I need to verbally tell him more often how much I really do admire him.  He's a really good man.)

3. Sent an email to someone I had lost track of over the years and told her how much her encouragement meant to me when I was younger. She emailed me back and said she really appreciated it.

4. Clapped my hands when my four-year-old colored me a beautiful picture of Strawberry Shortcake.  "You're a fantastic artist, Zoey."  She smiled and said, "I'm going to make you another one."

5.  This isn't really a verbal gold star, but I earned 2 for cleaning up my daughter's throw up (without complaining) at my older daughter's dance recital in front of a crowd. (I think I earned at least 2 stars for this one.)

6. Said a prayer for someone I knew needed one.

7. Brought some homemade fudge to one of my dear friends and told her thank you for putting up with me. (It's the BEST EVER fudge and I mean it.  Sorry no one else got some...but I had too much fun eating the rest.  That's why I had to give out truffles to the rest of you instead.)

8. Helped my daughter buy flowers for her two friends and before we gave them the flowers we talked about all the good things we liked about each friend.
 
9.  Told my Heavenly Father he was really good at his job.
 
10.  Complimented a stranger coming out of Kohls' telling her that she had a darling haircut.  (She was so flattered.) 
 
11.  Told my hairdresser I was so lucky to have found her.
 
12.  Told my oldest daughter she was beautiful. 
 
13.  Told my second daughter she was beautiful.
 
14.  Told my son he was handsome.
 
15.  Told my youngest daughter that she melted my heart.  "You melt my heart, mommy."  She said back.
 
16.  I told several women throughout the week, whenever I had chance to talk with them, why I loved them and why I was blessed to have them in my life. 
 
17.  Said to the checker at the Fresh Market, "Thank you for being so helpful."
 
18.  Sat next to one of my kid's past teachers at a concert and told her she really made a difference in my daughter's 5th grade year. 
 
19.  Thanked a few of new neighbors for being so welcoming.  
 
20.   Told my oldest daughter's band teacher that he is a fabulous teacher!  That I am grateful for his talents and for giving so much to our kids.  Band teacher's dont' get paid much, but, boy do they make difference in student's lives in helping them develop their love for music.  I dare say, "Mr. Perkins, you rock!"
 
My next post won't be until after January 3, 2010.  I pray that each of us will decide to develop a deeper relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is the reason for the season...but more than that...he is the reason for everything.  Merry Christmas and may all your Christmas wishes come true. 
 
Love,
Jodi
True beauty if felt more than it is seen.

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for my win. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring contest you held this year, Jodi! I'll try to follow your example better next year. Thanks for letting me participate by donating a book to your challenge! After all those beautiful acts of service, I know you'll have an extra special Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete