Monday, May 10, 2010

A Diamond in the Rough--Author Jewel Adams Visits House of Hope

A few months ago, author Jewel Adams came to House of Hope to share her personal story of recovery.  I was so impressed with her.  Her honesty.  Her candor.  Her genuine ability to say, "I've been where you've been.  I've made it and so can you."  Her story inspired me and all of the women there.  Her name, Jewel, fits her perfectly.  She is truly a gem of a human being.  This is not the forum to share her story, but perhaps some time she will choose to do so.  She is a wife, mother of ten children, grandmother, and successful author.  The women loved receiving a free copy of her book, The Journey

Today, I'd love to introduce you to her latest Novella entitled, Tears of Heaven. It's an ebook on her website:  http://jewelsbestgems.blogspot.com/ 

I love when I meet people whose personal life stories inspire me to be a better human being.  I can honestly say, "Jewel, I knew the moment I met you I liked you!"

I've always said to the women in my classes, "When you get the chance to tell your story to help others, do it. There is healing-power in every story of recovery." I believe that.  We all have a story.  We've all overcome something or are in the process of doing so.  We are all diamonds in the rough. 

Who we are is not as important as who we are becoming.

I love meeting strong women who have already become something wonderful.  Women like Jewel!  Thank you, Jewel, for sharing your experience and your wisdom.  I look forward to working with you again. 

Diamond in the ROUGH--Someone who has exceptional future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make it truly stand out from the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment