Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Easy Summer Remodel--Spray Paint Magic

The old saying goes, Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Go Without. 

So, look at what you already have with new eyes.  Refashion, remodel, or recreate something old into something new and fabulous.  It could be fun!   

Recently, I remodeled (successfully, I think) my old plastic chairs.  I was ready to send them to the thrift store and then had a brainy idea!  Spray Paint.  It's the best keep secret for quick refinishing projects. 

These chairs are ten years old and were given to me by a friend.  They were scuffed and looking drab.  Sure I could go buy new chairs, but what's the fun in that?  So instead, I transformed with spraypaint and now they're bright ocean breeze blue.  They gave my outdoor patio a fresh new look.  Now we love eating outside!


I used Krylon's spray paint for Indoor/Outdoor.  You don't necssarily need to use the paint for plastic.  I've learned that from trial and error.  Use the plastic paint if you are painting kids outdoor toys but for everything else, the Indoor/Outdoor version seems to work fine.  (And I've done a lot of spray painting in my day.)  For one chair, it takes about 3/4 of a can. 

Sunday brunch on the back patio was a hit with the FAM!  Something about the color of blue ocean breeze that made us feel like we were on vacation.  

What are you ready to REMAKE or REMODEL?  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! They look great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, let's see...I am remodeling a whole house! The chairs look great - and are my favorite color. But of course, you always did have a knack for making things look special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, you are ALWAYS so crafty. You always can see potential beauty in things no one else can!

    ReplyDelete