Monday, October 24, 2011

Moving Story and Video--Use it in a Lesson

This young man's story moved me to tears!!!  I wanted to share it with my family.  Here is how I turned it into a Family Home Evening lesson.

First, I read D&C 18:9.  "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."  Then I asked, "What does great mean?  And how would you define great?"  I let everyone share their ideas for a moment and then told them my experience with this scripture. 

Seminary Teacher John Hills taught me the answer to the question 'what is the worth of a soul?'.  After I had finished speaking at a fireside Bro. Hills gave the closing remarks.  He said the answer to what "great" means is found in the verse that follows verse 9.
 
11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. 

Then Bro. Hills said, "so...your life...is worth...the life . . .  of  a  GodThat is the true worth of a soul."
Then I played the following video.  Everyone watched and did not move. 

After watching this video you will have no doubt what the worth of a soul is because...you will feel it.  Best 15 minute Family Home Evening we've had in a long time!   I hope it turns out for you as good as it did for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment